Friday, September 7, 2007

All the things we've missed

Now that we are getting closer to our move date we are starting to get excited about the things that we will be able to get again once we are back on the mainland.

Here is what we have come up with so far:

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans
Real Bologna from the deli case (hubby keeps talking about bolonie hats but I think that might be more of a "good ole memory" type of thing.
Molson's Beer
Jeremiah Weed
(Can you tell what we think about most of the time time? :) )
Saranac Beer
Pete's Wicked Ale
Real bacon
Mustard from Oscar's Smoke House in Warrensburg, NY
Good Music... yeah for weqx in Manchester Vermont... boy have I missed you!

That is all I can think of for now.

We haven't made much progress on getting rid of the kitties. I was hopeful last Sunday when I took one of them to be "interviewed" by a couple looking for a new kitty. I knew it wasn't going to work as soon as he answered the door. They were both in their 70's and Lei'a is comparable to a two year old. She wanted to jump on the piano, the tables, knock over the pictures, and generally be herself. I had to hold on to her real tight until we left. It was probably for the best as I had to take her to the vet Tuesday morning because she had gotten bit (unbeknownst to us) and her toe was abscessed. $165 later... she doesn't look too bad this time, they only shaved her toe instead of her whole foot and leg like last time. The local humane society now has a website where they post pictues of pets that need a home so I sent them all the info on the girls; one of them is listed already so here's hoping someone will see them on there and give me a call.

We now have both vehicles up for sale and I only have 6 more days of work. Yeah!!! I will be talking to Matson tomorrow getting a quote to ship all the junk door to door.

I have been doing a little spindle spinning, not much the last few days but some. I seem to do the packing on the weekends and just deal with the day-to-day stuff during the week. I think that is it for now; I'm falling asleep.

Until next time, happy spinning....

1 comment:

Alpaca Granny said...

It's October - where are you?