Saturday, September 1, 2007

I'm going to be a Vermonter and some pretty yarn.


Isn't this yarn wonderful!? I decided that I couldn't part with the green and red roving that I featured a few weeks ago, see here, and started spinning it up myself. I just love the way it turned out. Everyone that I have shown it to says that it reminds them of candy canes; which means it came out the way I intended. Scary.... that hasn't happened before.

This will most likely be my last post for awhile as we are indeed moving to Vermont in a month. Eep... So many things to do. I gave notice this week. We won't go there but I think things will be a bit chaotic after I am gone. I booked our flight the same night that I gave notice; we fly out of here on Tuesday, October 2nd. Good bye Hawaii... hello Vermont. We will be arriving in prime leave peeking season. At least I get to see the colors this year; first time in six years.

I have some new ideas for my etsy shops; yes I have two of them, so look for some changes once I get settled in somewhere around the middle/end of October. I don't know yet when our container will ship out of here so don't know when I will have all my furniture etc. on the other end. Seems like it took 10 - 14 days when we shipped our things over here. There is a very active quilt guild in Bennington, lots of potential customers for hand spun surface embellishments and felting materials. I wonder if there is a spinning guild in the area? Any one know; feel free to contact me or leave a comment here.

So long for now... I look forward to the time when my thoughts are occupied with things other than what to mail ahead of time, what to carry on the plane, what to check in, who is going to adopt the cats, where are we going to stay when we first get there, will I be able to find a job within an hour of home, will he find a doctor who will help him to feel better and care about his quality of life ... and I wonder why I am wide awake at 3 am every day. Thank goodness for yoga or I would be totally insane by now.

No comments: