Friday, May 18, 2007

Featured Roving of the Day Blue Silk Royalty


Silk is such a pleasure to spin. This roving is tussah silk which means that no moths were harmed in its creation. I have found that you need to be really, really careful when dyeing it; if you handle it too much your roving will resemble a birds nest more than roving (that would be the voice of experience speaking here).

I tested out my disaster though and it is still spinnable. Maybe some day if I get real brave I will show you a picture of the afore mentioned birds nest. It is a pretty green and white color.

This roving is still available in my etsy shop for those interested.

1 comment:

Alpaca Granny said...

I too dyed some silk this week. I am having it added to my raw alpaca that I left at a mill yesterday. Can't say that I'm totally happy with it but it was the first time..... Your rovings look very professional.