Sunday, May 27, 2007

New Spindle

Isn't it gorgeous! This is maxi spindle from Jonathan Bosworth. It weighs 1.53 oz.; quite a bit heavier than my other one. I used it yesterday to ply yarn. I should have a picture of that for you tomorrow or the next day. It came out very well for a first time. I "handy-plyed" it which was pretty easy except for the fact that I had 26 plus yards of yarn wrapped around my hand.... my poor fingers were all bunched together for a least a half hour. Isn't that roving beautiful that it is sitting on? I hope to start spinning that next week. It came out really well, I might have to make some just like it to put in my etsy shop.

This is a picture of my two spindles together so that you can see how much larger the new one is. You can also see the mess that now occupies my sewing table. I think I have found my calling. I truly enjoy spinning and making yarn. I told my mom that my quilting muse is currently is buried under a pile of yarn, never to be seen again.

Until next time... happy spinning... and a thank you to all the troops out there on this Memorial Day weekend.

2 comments:

Alpaca Granny said...

Your new spindle is quite beautiful. You must be careful, you know, because spinning is quite addictive. I spin every day - always when I watch the View and always while husband is watching his sports at night. Have been know to wake up in the middle of the night to spin.

d.e.andersen designs said...

Thanks alpaca granny... you could say I am feeling the burn today. My arm is killing me from doing too much plying this weekend.