Monday, May 28, 2007

Hand Spun Yarn - My First!

Not too bad for a first time plying attempt if I do say so myself. I ended up with about 36 yards of yarn for the skein on the left. I was thinking about selling it but after looking at the going prices on etsy I would be losing a ton of money; either that or making about 50 cents an hour. So I figure I will keep the yarn for myself and just offer roving for other folks to spin. This superwash was made from the same color roving that was featured a few days back.

The skein on the right is made up of all the little bits that I have saved from different rovings that I have sold over the past month. I ended up with about 25 yards of yarn in this one. I figure that I will use these for my crochet lessons. It will give me a good idea on how they work up should I decide to ever make yarn to sell.

1 comment:

Alpaca Granny said...

Your handspun is beautiful. You're right about working cheap to try and sell yarn. Especially spinning on a spindle. If you had your own sheep/alpacas and a wheel, you might make a profit.