Monday, July 16, 2007

Featured Roving of the Day (and I got a niddy noddy)

Isn't this roving pretty! I did this up as a sample for the custom order that I am working on. The final order will have more purple in it but this one is really nice too. I listed it today for those interested. Oh yeah, it is a superwash just in case that makes a difference.

And here is a picture of my new niddy noddy. It is a Kromski medium sized one and I love it. It makes my yarn look so professional. :) Even a lefty like myself was able to figure out how it works. I just wish it did a yard when wrapped; it is a little over which means I have to multiply it out and hope I have it right.


On the moving front... we have decided to buy a house instead of finding a place to rent and then have to move everything again in a year or less. The reason for this is my husbands broken back. The thought of having to move everything twice was something he (and I) didn't care to think about, turth be told here. After all, we aren't twenty anymore and that furniture seems a lot heavier than it used too. Plus, the prices to rent are absolutely ridiculous. Our mortgage will be a lot less than the monthly rental amount.

In spinning news, I have decided to crochet myself a new handbag. It will be a modified market/hobo bag. I pulled some superwash from my shop and am spinning that up. I have even put together some of the wool to bring to work and spin during my lunch break, not that I am in a hurry to get this stuff spun up or anything. At least it will keep me busy and give me something to work on when I'm not packing. I think I will line it with some nice batik (I have a few thousand pieces to choose from) so that it doesn't stretch too much when it use.

I guess that's it for now... happy spinning

No comments: