Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Featured Roving of the Day - Plum Tussah Silk

I am finally getting to the point where I can take pictures (albeit bad ones) of some of the roving that I dyed a few weeks back. You wouldn't know there was a drought on this island the way it has rained at our house for the last few weeks. I think I have moss growing on my arms. Ah... the joys of living on the side of a volcano with its weird weather patterns.

I keep trying new ways to take pictures so that the color is more true-to-life... and then I read on a Canon site that these particular cameras are made to make the colors brighter than they really are because people like it better that way!?! Says who! I want my blues to look blue, not purple. Any way, I have discovered that by using two ott lights and setting the roving on my sewing table I can get the color on the roving right but the table/background turns a nice pink/peach color as you can see. So ignore the background color and enjoy the roving. :)

On the moving front... I am sitting here at work watching the number of emails I have in my Gmail account (aren't separate tabs a wonderful invention) hoping to hear back from my realtor friend in New York. I found one house that I like and she was going to go see what kind of shape it was in and see if they would consider a rent to buy option since it has been on the market forever. It has two porches, one enclosed, and both have views of the surrounding mountains. So I am picturing myself on my enclosed deck, with no mosquitoes, doing yoga. Om....

So much for the patience that yoga brings... until next time, Happy Spinning

1 comment:

Alpaca Granny said...

The house sounds promising. I ♥ porches & decks. I'm getting quite involved with dying roving also.