Friday, July 27, 2007

Happy Friday! Featured Roving of the Day


Here is a picture of the roving that I did for a custom order this week. The batch came out beautiful, much nicer than the picture. I am tempted to sell my current camera on "you know where" and find one that is a bit truer with the colors. I used a different process to dye this roving. I did it in three stages with the last stage (the purple part) being painted on by hand. It was a lot of fun to do and I think I might do a similar batch this weekend only in a different color scheme. The problem, and it isn't really that much of a problem, is that it takes 2 to 3 days for each batch. Hubby just loves it when I have pots and jars of roving all over the kitchen... something about allergies to wool. I keep telling him to find me a house with a summer kitchen so that we don't have to share.

Work has been too much like work lately. Every time year end rolls around I wonder why I decided to go into accounting. I haven't even done any spinning lately. Now that I have finished Harry Potter life can get back to normal... once I see the movie this weekend that is.

I wish I had some news on moving but I don't. I didn't really like the inside of the house that looked so promising from the outside. Small rooms with old wallpaper, old carpets, forced hot air... it wouldn't be a problem except that chances are I will have to do everything myself because of Phil's back and I don't want to buy into a big job if I can help it. Plus, these people are turning down good offers which means they want the full asking price... for an old house that needs work... good luck to them.

No comments: