Friday, July 6, 2007

Friday at Last


Greetings everyone, hope those of you in the U.S. of A. had a nice 4th. We didn't do a darn thing but that is okay. Well I can't say that I did nothing, I woke up that morning to my first large sale (5 items). My stock of tussah silk took quite a hit so I figured I better get busy and dye up some more. Here is the result, they look so pretty this way. I hope to have a few of them in the shop by Monday. I wasn't too happy with the yellow and orange so might save that and ply it up with another color.

I also finished some fiber art that I had been working on forever... kind of got side tracked by the spinning, and crocheting, and dyeing, and school.... This is my version of a waterfall, I have wanted to do one for quite some time now. This will most likely be my last piece for awhile because as I think I have told you before I am hoping to move back to the mainland real soon and I can't create when my mind is focused on something as big as that. Plus, I am starting to get into that "nesting" mode for movers and want to get everything put in its rightful place so that I can get started on the packing. Now all I need is a place to move to, who knew it would be so hard to find a house to rent in the upstate New York, Vermont area. We might end up in Rutland, will let you know as soon as I hear back from someone.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and happy spinning.

No comments: