Monday, June 25, 2007

More Yarn and Roving

I have been practicing and practicing and I think I am getting pretty good at this! This is some roving that I got from Pigeonroofstudios on etsy. It still amazes me how different the yarn sometimes looks when compared to the roving. I have another "batch" ready to ply from this roving and I think it is going to look completely different than this yarn. It will have a lot more hot pink in it.

Not that I am getting carried away or anything but... I have now ordered and received some sock yarn to try my hand at dyeing. I want to have lots of different items in my shop come the holidays and figured now was as good a time as any to start. I have tons of ideas but at the top of my "to-do" list at the moment is getting the family moved from here in Hawaii back to New York or Vermont. I am finding it hard to concentrate on any crafts when I start thinking about all the packing and stuff that awaits me in the next month or so. Ugh....

1 comment:

Nina Kuriloff said...

The green and black yarn looks very lovely!

:)