Thursday, June 7, 2007

Featured Roving of the Day - Burgundy

Good morning everyone. This is the burgundy roving that I told you about when I featured my purple roving a few weeks back. You can see the whole story here. It was supposed to red, that is all I can say.

I have been spinning a few different types of roving this week. I can only do one at a time until I get another spindle in the right size. I am working on that though; my birthday is coming up in another month or so and I am going to get a special spindle from the Bosworth's... don't tell hubby... I want it to be a surprise. Anyway, I have been spinning some tussah silk and also some BFL that I got from pigeonroofstudios over at etsy.

Now that I am almost done with school... finals next week... I can start thinking about something other that homework. I have been doing this for three years along with working full-time and I am more than ready to have my life back thank you very much. I think I want to try spinning some nice thin silk that I can sell as surface embellishments for those who quilt. I am also learning to crochet and like the idea of free form crochet so might do something with that also.

Some may possibilities, now if only I didn't need to work anymore... speaking of which, I better get back to it...

Until next time happy spinning...

1 comment:

Alpaca Granny said...

Good luck on the crocheting. I think it is very hard.